Engaging Interactions is the vision of Early Childhood Educator Megan King to deliver a service that supports and coach’s parents/caregivers in using the DIR Floortime® approach. To give them tools to deepen the connection they share with their child whilst developing their child’s functional skills in communication, social and emotional interactions with others.
As a parent, there is nothing more fulfilling than seeing that “gleam in your child’s eye” when you interact, play and engage with them whole-heartedly! But what if that connection does not come that easily?
What if you try so hard to engage and play with your child but they turn away when you join in their play?
This is where Engaging Interactions can offer support and help.
Megan King is a Bachelor Degree Qualified Early Childhood Educator with over 20 years’ experience supporting children in a variety of settings such as long day care, preschool, family day care, community settings, school, out of school hours’ care and home environments. Working as an Early Intervention Teacher Megan supported children in community settings such as school, child care and playgroups as well as supporting families in their home environment to establish goals relevant to their own unique family dynamics and their dreams for their child.
It is through her experience in these environments that Megan’s passion to offer practical help to children 0 – 10yrs with developmental and learning challenges and their families grew.
Megan’s philosophy is that early intervention and support should be child and family centred, play based and consider the child holistically, rather than just focussing on one specific behaviour.
It was this belief that lead Megan to train as a DIR Floortime® practitioner, and establish Engaging Interactions as a way to share this knowledge and support children and their families.
Megan is an Expert DIRFloortime® provider trained through The Interdisciplinary Council of Development and Learning (ICDL) in the United States of America and is also a Training Leader through ICDL.
Engaging Interactions is based on the NSW, Central Coast
Qualifications and Training
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood)
- DIR Floortime ® 204 (Expert Floortime provider and Training Leader)
- DIR Floortime ® 203 (Coaching parents and caregivers)
- DIR Floortime® 202
- DIR Floortime® 201
- DIR Floortime® 101
- The Alert Program ® For Self Regulation – “How does your engine run?”
- SleepAbility – Promoting positive sleep practices in children and adolescents with developmental disabilities
- SOS Approach to Feeding
- Signed English (Tafe NSW)
- Keys to Caregiving
- Playsteps training
- Workshop on current brain research into developmental disabilities
- Children with high functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder – social skills and emotional management
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders: Teaching strategies and behaviour support
Megan also holds the required certificates for working with children such as:
- Working with children check ( contact Megan for her WWC number)
- National Police Certificate – Police check
- Provide First Aid
Best Practice in Early Childhood Intervention Services
Early Childhood Intervention Australia ( ECIA) set out the Best Practice guidelines so that practitioners can use these guidelines as a framework for excellence in service delivery.
Megan uses this framework to inform her practice and it is firmly entrenched in her own philosophy.
For more information about Best Practice in Early Childhood Intervention Services please follow this link: