10 Week Play Partners Program
Initial 1 ½ hour child centred profile session
- Discussion with parent/family on goals for their child
- Individual Differences profile
- Building a holistic profile of the child and family
- Family receives individualised child profile
- Introduction to the DIR Floortime® model
8 X 1 hour one on one play based coaching sessions with Early Childhood Educator and DIR Floortime® Practitioner Megan
- Parent/s will be coached in using the DIR Floortime® approach to develop their child’s shared attention, social and emotional and communication skills.
- Play based sessions are in a familiar environment. The child’s own toys are used during the sessions.
- Parents are active participants during sessions
Booklet and information package provided
- Parents receive all information regarding their child ie Child centred Profile, FEDC’s profile.
- All information and strategies provided in a written format for the family to keep
Parents’ choice of where they would like their coaching sessions
- Home, park, playcentre, Nanna’s house, playgroup, etc.
- Familiar safe environments for the child
- Variety of environments over the 8 sessions can be arranged
Siblings encouraged to be involved
- Family relationships are a significant factor in the Play Partners program therefore siblings are encouraged to be involved in play sessions.
2 video recorded play sequences for coaching purposes (Optional)
- As this is a coaching program for parents, videoing a short play sequence can be helpful as a reflective tool to watch back and discuss the interaction.
- This is completely optional and all video footage is filmed on parents own recording device and kept with the parent.
2 opportunities for discussion with other professionals working with your child (optional)
- This approach values input from other health care professionals to build a holistic profile of the child.
- With parent permission, Megan can contact the child’s speech therapist, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist etc to gain a deeper understanding of the child’s individual differences
- This is completely optional and we understand parents are just as equipped to communicate what the other professionals are focussing on.
Final 1 ½ hour Functional Emotional Developmental Capacity (FEDC) profile session
- Discussion with family about the program and how they feel moving forward
- Individual profile reflecting the child’s FEDC’s and how they are functioning within each capacity
- Where to from here? Discussion about how this approach can be implemented into the family’s everyday routines.
- For more information and fee schedules please contact Megan on 0407 461 771 or email@example.com
- Families can use their NDIS funding to access Engaging Interactions providing they are self-managing all or part of their funds. For more information, follow this link: